2019-2020 Virginia Elite Tryout Information
Athletes and Parents,
Thank you for your consideration and interest in joining Virginia Elite (VAE) Volleyball Club. The below information provides insight to our club’s tryout process and philosophy in order to assist you in making an informed decision during the 2019-2020 club volleyball tryout/signing period. Our staff and coaches look forward to meeting and working with you soon!
Virginia Elite Tryout Philosophy
First and foremost VAE’s tryouts are open to all athletes, free from preferential treatment, and void of pre-selected roster positions. All athletes are required to earn their spot within the club through participating in the tryout and selection process. No Exceptions.
What you can expect from the VAE staff and coaches is the utmost level of professionalism, integrity, and objectivity while working with each athlete throughout the selection process.
VAE’s multiple-session format gives our coaching staff the opportunity to evaluate and assess talent within an environment of teaching, encouragement, and personal interaction for each aspiring athlete. Some of the key element in which evaluators will consider during the tryout process will be:
- Skill level
- Work ethic
- Competitive drive
- Long term potential
- Positive attitude/enthusiasm
Finally, VAE strives to provide a positive, energy-filled, and purposeful tryout for each prospective athlete. You are evaluating us as much as we’re watching you. To win you over to VAE you will get the BEST from our coaches as they bring out the BEST within you.
Getting Started: Step 1
Check the USAV age eligibility requirements to determine which age group you should tryout for. Age requirements can be found on the Chesapeake Region Volleyball Association’s webpage here.
To determine the correct age division, please find the Month of Birth in the left column and then the year of birth in the same row. The heading of the column matching the Year of Birth is the correct age bracket.Getting Started: Step 2
Getting Started: Step 2
The Chesapeake Region (CHRVA) requires all players to register with USA Volleyball BEFORE they can try out with any club. This is a requirement for every club belonging to the Chesapeake Region. For our club to be in compliance with the region's direction, VA Elite online registration requires a USAV member number which will be given to you when you register with USA Volleyball. Onsite registration will be limited during the day of tryouts and registration takes over 45-minutes to complete. Please register with USA Volleyball by clicking here before completing the VA Elite online registration!
You will need to print out and complete a copy of the following form and bring it with you to tryouts, along with a copy of your USAV/CHRVA Registration Card.
Getting Started: Step 3
Mark your calendars for tryouts! Tryouts are open to all interested athletes for the 13-17s teams. If you are interested in trying out for a spot on the 18s please reach out to the listed head coach on the team page.
VAE will be holding tryouts to form 12 person teams for age groups 13s-18s on the following dates:
Friday, November 1st - 7:00PM-9:00PM - Tryouts
Saturday, November 2nd - 12:00PM-2:00PM - Callbacks
Friday, November 8th - 7:00PM-9:00PM - Tryouts
Sunday, November 10th - 11:00AM-1:00PM - Callbacks
Saturday, November 9th - 11:00AM-1:00PM - Tryouts
18s Team: ^ Invitation only
Saturday, November 9th - 11:00AM-1:00PM - Tryouts
Saturday, November 9th - 2:00PM-4:00PM - Tryouts
Saturday, November 9th - 5:00PM-7:00PM - Tryouts
^ Invitation only
VA Elite wants every athlete to maximize their players tryout experience. We do not want to be disingenuous with you/daughter's future. In order to avoid wasting your time, our 18s team tryouts will be conducted by invitation only, as it is likely we will have limited number of positions available for this team. If you are interested in a position on the 18s team please reach out to the posted head coach on the team page or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Getting Started: Step 4
- Cost: Open tryouts registration cost $65.00
- Location: The Madeira School (8328 Georgetown Pike, McLean, VA 22102)
Prepare for tryouts:
- Bring a copy of the athletes birth certificate and/or passport to tryout check-in.
- Complete and bring the USAV Medical Release Form to tryout check-in.
- Bring a copy of the athletes' current CHRVA membership card (a temporary membership is available through the tryout period which can be converted to the full membership once an athlete makes a team).
- Tryout registration is completely online. We do not offer on-site registration, please register your athlete via the link below. Registration is available up to the time of the tryout.
Getting Started: Step 5
Finally, prepare yourself for VAE tryouts by attending one of our Fall Prep Training Sessions. Here you’ll get to meet our coaches and leadership staff; experience our training program and style of play; learn about the club’s culture and core values; and workout with your peers and friends.
Information about our Fall Prep Sessions can be found here.
Important Offer Information
In the interest of ensuring all who tryout for Elite are aware of the CHRVA region rules with regards to offer periods please read the below.
The open tryout periods for each age groups are listed below:
- 13s: 11:00am on the first Friday of November (11/1) through 11:00pm on the following Wednesday (11/6)
- 14s: 11:00am on the second Friday of November (11/8) through 11:00pm on the following Wednesday (11/13)
What does this mean?
- If an athlete is selected for a team, the athlete will receive a phone call and eMail to notify them of the official offer.
- The offer will not be revoked and per the region rules, no pressure for an answer will be given by Elite.
- Athletes have the above periods to consider all offers and select the one that is the best fit for them.
- We ask that you accept all offers via eMail
- Reminder: Athletes should not feel pressured to accept the first offer they receive. We understand that athletes need to try out at multiple clubs in order to ensure they have a place to play, however, athletes are not required to accept the first offer they receive. If VA Elite is your top choice, your other offers cannot be revoked if you wait and see how your tryout goes with Elite.
Registration Coming Soon!